Friday, September 08, 2006

 

Movie News

Amrita all set to be new face of jewellery brand

Actress and model Amrita Arora is one excited person. She reveals, “Jewellery brand D’damas was looking out for a new face and they thought I was apt for the new brand of jewellery that they are about to launch.” D’damas has had popular celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Suneil Shetty, Lara Dutta and Amrita Rao endorsing their brand.

Besides the ad, the gorgeous younger sister of Malaika Arora-Khan is excited about playing a judge in the reality show Superstar to be aired on Sahara One. The show is an attempt to give talented individuals an opportunity to showcase their dexterity and thus get an entry in the film industry. “Urmila Matondkar and Shiamak Davar were already part of the show, to judge the contestants. It is my honour that I am now included as a judge,” says Amrita.

The actress, who is currently in Bulgaria, says, “I am shooting for a song for Hriday Shetty’s Godfather. For the first time I will be doing a song for a Pakistani film.” Amrita said that Hriday had approached her long ago and was



Dor was challenging: Shreyas

Since his fantastic performance in Iqbal, producers have been queuing up to sign Shreyas Talpade for their films. He is now all set to make his mark once again with his role of a bahrupiya in Nagesh Kukunoor’s Dor. Ask him about his role and Shreyas says, “It’s a simple role unlike Iqbal, and at the same time, challenging. The role is that of a tribal boy who travels to entertain people. These tribal people are rare to find since they are always travelling. But Nagesh had developed my character. At times, I had to go overboard or underplay the character. It was like treading on a thin line. In Iqbal, I was a deaf and mute boy and I played with expressions. Here, I had to develop on the dialogues, dialect and body language, and also take care of my moustache and costume.”

About Nagesh Kukunoor, he says, “Working with Nagesh is a different experience. In Iqbal, he never gave me the chance to improvise. Here, he gave me a free hand. This film has song and dance sequences too. There were times when he asked me to tone down and that was very difficult. When you watch the film, it seems like a cakewalk.” He says about his role, “My character has a lot of depth. He is very mature, he talks sensibly, he makes you laugh, but is also very serious.”

Shreyas has been pitted against two glamorous heroines for the first time in this film. Shreyas says, “These two beautiful girls kept me going. In Rajasthan, when you are shooting at 45 degree celcius temperatures, these two good looking women were so cool. They had a lot of energy and never complained. They had very well-balanced scenes which instigated me to perform well. I remember one particular dance shoot at 12 in the afternoon when the sun was really high. We were dancing in mojadis. The sand used to enter the mojadis and we used to take them off. The sand was so hot. It was maddening, but the girls were fantastic.”

So what’s next for the actor? “Well, I am looking for roles which are different and which have depth. For me, both the role and money has to appeal. It’s not that I was not offered films before, but I refused many films because the roles didn’t appeal to me. I don’t mind doing even special appearances like the way I did in Aankhen because I wanted to share screen space with Amitabh Bachchan. It was my dream. I just don’t want to be a been-here-done-that kind of a hero. My next film is Subhash Ghai’s Apna Sapna Money Money which is being directed by Santosh Sivan,” reveals Shreyas.



Sophie labels Rahul warm, funny, talented

When it comes to taking a challenge and doing something different, Sophie Chaudhary surely is different. In an industry where the script, the production banner and the director are given prime consideration, Sophie lets these aspects take a backseat. Why? “Just because I wanted to play this other hot woman in Rahul Bose’s life,” she laughs. Yes, Sophie Chaudhary will be seen playing a rather unconventional role in Pritish Nandy’s Pyaar Ke Side Effects.

“Initially, I had doubts about my character, but they were put to rest when I began shooting for the film,” says Sophie. She said that Rahul Bose was one of the best co-stars she has ever worked with. “He is supremely talented, funny and warm. We found ourselves chatting away non-stop about everything from films and music, to world affairs. I didn’t realise that we have so much to share.” says the ex-VJ and singer.



Minogue has no plans to wed Martinez

Kylie Minogue has no plans to marry long-term boyfriend Olivier Martinez yet. The singer was helped through her life-threatening breast cancer battle by the French actor and admits the experience has brought them closer together. Despite constant rumours claiming the pair are engaged, Kylie insists they are not betrothed to one another. She said in an interview with BBC America, “Are there any rings on these fingers? We haven’t gone down that road.”

The 38-year-old pop superstar also revealed she still wants to start a family, despite the reduced chances of her conceiving because of the chemotherapy treatment she underwent to fight her cancer. When quizzed on whether she and Olivier want to have children, she said, “Yeah, I would love them. We have to wait and see.” Kylie also insists that she didn’t mind having to shave all her hair off when it started to drop out because of the chemotherapy.

During her gruelling battle, Kylie was pictured wearing headscarves to cover up her shaved head, but admits she could handle the drastic look because she would have done anything to beat the disease. She explained, “First I had it cut a little longer than it is at the moment and then I had a buzz-cut. If I could have done a one-armed push-up I would have. That really wasn’t such an issue for me. I don’t know if it’s because I’m used to different looks, but when it starts to grow back it’s so thrilling.”



Ken back with sci-fi thriller after 2 years

The Fardeen Khan-Shahid Kapur-Kareena Kapoor starrer Fida was the last film that Ken Ghosh had directed, two years ago. It has been rumoured that the director’s next film will be a sci-fi thriller. When asked about it, Ken confirmed the news, “Yes, I have been writing a sci-fi thriller. I have been working on it since the past two years. That’s the reason why I have not been seen in the ‘filmi’ scene,” he laughs.

Ghosh said that he was apprehensive about making this sci-fi earlier because of the huge budget the venture requires. “But times have changed since the past two years. There are guaranteed returns in films today. So finding a producer to pump finance in the film is not a problem,” he says. Ghosh said it is only after the script is completely ready that he will decide on the star cast. “I should embark on the film by the yearend,” he said.



‘Speculations about Suri were heartbreaking’

Katie Holmes has confessed that she has found all the speculation surrounding her daughter Suri “heartbreaking”. Since Suri was born on April 17 this year Katie and fiancé Tom Cruise have kept her out of the public eye sparking endless outlandish rumours about the baby. Katie, 27, admits the stories, some of which even suggested that the tot didn’t really exist, have been very upsetting for her.

Speaking to the Vanity Fair magazine, which has published the first photos of Suri, the actress said, “Those stories eat away at me because it’s just not okay. And the stuff they say about Suri? You shouldn’t say that about us, and you can’t say that about my child. All the craziness began. This ‘Where is Suri?’ controversy. Tom and I looked at each other and said, ‘What’s going on?’ We weren’t trying to hide anything.”

Despite finding the gossip about her relationship with Tom and daughter hurtful, Katie insists she has to read it all for her family. Katie explained, “This is my future. This is my family, and I care so much about them. I was overjoyed to be pregnant, and then had to withstand ridicule about my pregnancy when it was the most normal, non-controversial thing imaginable.” Meanwhile, Top Gun actor Tom thinks Suri looks like her mum. He said, “She has Kate’s lips and eyes.”



Carey develops fake gold tan

Mariah Carey is developing a new fake tan made with 24-karat gold dust. The singer is insisting that she is beautifully bronzed on every night on her current Emancipation of Mimi tour and has hired a personal tanning assistant, Jenny Phillips, to spay her before going on stage. Mariah and Jenny, of Beverly Hills’ exclusive Portofino Sun Center and Spa, have now teamed up to create an extravagant new fake tan made with real gold.

Mariah’s representative said, “She is on tour with Mariah and they are developing an exclusive line of bronzer containing real 24-karat gold dust.” The We Belong Together singer is famous for her outrageous diva demands and extravagant tastes. In the past, Mariah has paid for her Jack Russell dog, named Jack, to fly first class.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?